Re: [gtk-osx-devel] Jhbuild bootstrap failed on Leopard 10.5.8

On Jan 17, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Francesco Zhu wrote:

I don't know if I skipped some steps...
This is what I did:
1) jhbuild bootstrap
2) jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap
3) jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core

I'm at the step 3:
$ jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core
and it gives this error building cairo.

Sorry, how do I 'add that prefix to my bundle'? (It's my first time compiling something Unix-like... and I don't know much about this basic things)
So what do you advise me to do? Should I make it search on Developers, or install some libpng?

As I said, meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap is supposed to build libpng as the first module, so have a look in /Users/francesco/gtk/src and make sure that libpng-1.4.8 is there, then look at /Users/francesco/gtk/inst/lib/pkgconfig/ and make sure that libpng.pc and libpng14.pc are there. If they aren't, then something went wrong with building meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap, so build it again and look at the output (libpng is the first module) and see if it says anything about not building libpng.

No, I don't think you should make it search /Developer, nor should you need to install libpng separately from meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap.

As a general observation, building gtk-osx is a bit ambitious for a first Unix experience... kind of like trying to fly without taking lessons first.

Regards,
John Ralls