Subject: Re: [gtk-osx-devel] Jhbuild bootstrap failed on Leopard 10.5.8
From: jralls ceridwen us
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:21:03 -0800
CC: gtk-osx-devel-list gnome org
To: franciszhu1990 hotmail com

On Jan 17, 2012, at 7:53 AM, Francesco Zhu wrote:

Thank you very much, John.

Now it worked, but I have a problem with cairo, it doesn't find libpng, which I have under /Development/MacPyGTK

It gives me this error:

configure: WARNING: Could not find libpng in the pkg-config search path
checking whether cairo's PNG functions feature could be enabled... no
configure: error: recommended PNG functions feature could not be enabled
*** Error during phase configure of cairo: ########## Error running ./configure --prefix /Users/francesco/gtk/inst --libdir '/Users/francesco/gtk/inst/lib' --enable-pdf --enable-quartz --enable-xlib=no --without-x   *** [6/14]

I searched on the internet, it seems that all people having this problem are on Linux...

Maybe I should change pkg-config search path to include /Developers/? I don't know

Gtk-osx is supposed to build its own as part of meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap. Did you skip a step?

While you can experiment with other configurations if you want, it would be wise to make sure you can build all the way through the normal way first.

Another consideration if you're planning to bundle an application for distribution comes up if you are pulling libraries from /Developer: First, do you have redistribution rights for those libraries? (In the case of libpng, you probably do.) As long as that's OK you'll have to add that prefix to your bundle.

Regards,
John Ralls