Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] libiconv/libintl installation

On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Since things seem to be having various issues with the system
> libiconv or when libintl is missing, could it be included too ?
>
> I noticed "gettext-fw", but that also includes "gettext-tools" -
> and I only want "gettext-runtime" installed for various reasons.
>
> That is, the gettext-tools are installed in bootstrap/_exec_prefix
> but only gettext-runtime is needed installed in universal/prefix.
>
> Another reason would be that most of the gettext-tools are GPL
> but gettext-runtime  (libintl) is LGPL (except for the programs)...
>
> --anders
>
> PS. --disable-java and --disable-csharp could be considered too.
>    to avoid installing libintl.jar and GNU.Gettext.dll that is.

I'm planning an overhaul of the modulesets soon, and I'll consider this. It does seem silly to build all of getttext when most of it is useful only to translators.

Libiconv is included in gettext-fw, and adding it to gtk-osx-bootstrap is part of my "overhaul" plan.

Regards,
John Ralls