Re: Gtk tool-bar running icon under MS-Windows

26.05.2017 05:27 LRN <lrn1986 gmail com> wrote:
[...]
Just give a non-default icon to the window, and that's what you'll see on the
taskbar. If you use Glade UI definition files, it would look like this:

<object class="GtkApplicationWindow" id="my_main_window_id">
<property name="icon_name">name-of-the-icon-of-your-app</property>

And in Glade itself it's just like any other property.

Obviously, you'll need to install the icon in an appropriate place
(share/icons/hicolor/<size>/apps/<name-of-the-icon-of-your-app>.png) and run
gtk-update-icon-cache for it to be found.

This looks like a good solution to me. But instead of placing the icons
in external files you (I'm talking to John) may be also interested in
GResource framework [1] which does a similar thing like Windows resources,
that means embeds images and other data files inside the executable file
but is not based on Windows API. You will need a glib-compile-resources
utility. [2] Also you should see how GtkApplication object handles the
embedded resources. [3]

Regards,

Rafal

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GResource.html