Re: Run a GTK application without desktop environment

Hi

It turned out that the "ugly fonts" are the default fonts installed
with X. I have to install a ttf font (like DejaVu) and gtk will use it
automatically.

I have a working application https://github.com/anatol/showcase It
works great both with and without window manager. For a kiosk setup
the latter case is more interesting. I also added a systemd service
file that allows to start the Showcase application automatically thus
avoiding any manual interaction during system startup.