Re: Run a GTK application without desktop environment

Yes,

That is entirely unnecessary if you run without a window-manager. I have put
together a small webb-page to show how to do it. I use FreeBSD (since i feel FreeBSD have
smaller footprint and suites better on small computers) but there is no problem doing
this in Linux.

http://www.raditex.nu/raditex-project-kiosk.php

/gh