Re: Interactive data plotting application

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Jozef V.Molnár <jv molnar googlemail com> wrote:
I need to develop a GTK3 widget for data plotting, drawing and analysis
purposes.
I need the following features (many are standard requirements):
- have a grid sensitive to mouse (to invoke a configuring menu)
- add/remove plots
- plots sensitive to mouse (display the data coordinates)
- more than cursors (to perform measurements)
- cursors capable of find edges of data plots
- scrolling

If you're working in Python, you should consider matplotlib [1], which has a GTK3 backend [2]. If you're not working in Python, you may still wish to see if you can wedge matplotlib into your system. It's rather powerful.

As another possibility, you may wish to consider using a WebView and one of the many javascript plotting libraries out there. I'm aware of D3 and Bokeh off-hand, though I'm sure there are others.

Robert

[1] http://matplotlib.org/
[2] http://matplotlib.org/examples/user_interfaces/embedding_in_gtk3_panzoom.html
[3] http://d3js.org/