Re: Trigger a GtkEntryCompletion's popup

On Fri, 2015-10-09 at 09:56 +1100, Daniel Kasak wrote:
I had issues with GtkComboBoxText last time I tried it, though admittedly
that was a long time back. Anyway, yes I'm aware of these widgets, and use
GtkComboBox regularly. I'll look into GtkComboBoxText again. But the
question remains - is there a way to trigger the completion's popup?

I am using GtkComboBoxText sine many years for my schematics editor for
entering grid size, have predefined sizes 100, 50, 25 10 and allow
entering arbitrary sizes, which can be also added to that list. Works
fine in Ruby, so I assume that it will work fine everywhere. (
http://ssalewski.de/PetEd.html.en) Entry completion working for zero
characters -- I have some difficulty understanding it. When there is
zero input, there is not much to complete. May be useful, maybe you have
to talk to developers and explain your use case.