Trigger a GtkEntryCompletion's popup

Hi all. I have some GtkEntry widgets with a GtkEntryCompletion attached. I've set the minimum key length to 0, hoping this would make the completion's popup appear on focus in, but it doesn't. I have noticed that if I type something, then hit backspace, the popup appears. So I guess I can hook up some code on focus-in to simulate this - ie insert some text and delete it. Is there a cleaner way of doing it?

Thanks.

Dan