Re: Trigger a GtkEntryCompletion's popup

I had issues with GtkComboBoxText last time I tried it, though admittedly that was a long time back. Anyway, yes I'm aware of these widgets, and use GtkComboBox regularly. I'll look into GtkComboBoxText again. But the question remains - is there a way to trigger the completion's popup?

Dan

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Stefan Salewski <mail ssalewski de> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 15:36 +1100, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Hi all. I have some GtkEntry widgets with a GtkEntryCompletion
> attached.
> I've set the minimum key length to 0, hoping this would make the
> completion's popup appear on focus in, but it doesn't. I have noticed
> that
> if I type something, then hit backspace, the popup appears. So I guess
> can hook up some code on focus-in to simulate this - ie insert some
> text
> and delete it. Is there a cleaner way of doing it?

Maybe you want a

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkComboBox.html
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkComboBoxText.html

with active entry widget (has-entry = TRUE) ?

So you can select from a list of text or enter own text.