Re: Announcement of Visual Studio 2015 projects and solutions for Gtkmm and GTK+

>It's important that improvements can be tracked as distinct commits, so
>we can see what has actually changed and why.

I understand, and thank you for your trust. I'll give my best to take time when possible.
Can't promise to much since I'm pushing most of free time into my own project designs.

What can't be misdone for sure is to add test projects, to existing solutions, since almost every
source tree has sources for test projects but no actual project files to perform tests against the
library once build is done.

There is nothing wrong with currently present projects in source tree, and they work fine, assuming
one follows directions mentioned in readme files and additionally follows Fan's tutorial, of course to
make things easy.

problem is building dependencies, there is no single place on the internet where users could
download VS projects for dependencies that will truly work without build errors.

I made my VS repo just because of this, to have and share a single place of projects within reach whenever needed.

I'm not sure where and how to start?

obviously first thing is to adjust dependencies first to make it possible
to validate actions done in projects before submitting any patches.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 09:55 +0100, codekiddy wrote:
> Sure, why not, Actually I used these as a starting point, I'll be
> glad to contribute!
> .
> Although instead of working on patches on existing solutions (and
> working on multiple versions for each VS), it should be easier to
> just push new "reworked" solutions somehow?

It's important that improvements can be tracked as distinct commits, so
we can see what has actually changed and why.

At first, you'd have to submit patches to bugzilla, but you can quickly
earn my trust so I just let you push directly. For instance, I'm happy
for Chun-wei Fan to just make the changes he thinks are necessary.
Hopefully you can work together on this, with others too.

> Although I'm not sure how to make them work inside source tree
> (because project properties are one folder level outside of source
> tree), but it's worth discussing to see what changes can be done to
> make them work and incorporate into source tree.
>
> What say you?

Apparently the existing projects work so far at least for some people,
so please do try to work with the existing system.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com