Re: Gtk-3.14.3 on Windows: icon rendering issues

OK I think I can see what's going on here ... the old method of
generating icons via names like 'gtk-new' has been removed. Grrrr ...
reminds me of how much I hate PHP every time I'm forced to return to
it ( eg suggested 'best practices' are removed, leaving large chunks
of otherwise well-written code broken ). I assume I've only hit this
on Windows because I'm using the very latest versions of everything on
Windows, and my Linux boxen haven't quite caught up yet.

I've gotten hold of the GtkSettings thing and verified that it is in
fact picking up settings from my settings.ini, so at least this side
of things seems OK.

The icon theme packages are installing into:

$PREFIX/share/icons/$ICON_THEME_NAME

 ... instead of:

$PREFIX/usr/share/icons/$ICON_THEME_NAME

 ... which the spec suggests ... so I have to set the XDG_DATA_DIRS
environment variable to include this path. No idea why the icon themes
are ending up in this location.

Thanks to all those who responded and pointed my in the right
direction. I predict I will return in 6 months with the exact same
problem :P

Dan