Re: Gtk-3.14.3 on Windows: icon rendering issues

On 19.05.2015 14:34, Daniel Kasak wrote:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On 19 October 2014 03:42, Daniel Kasak wrote:
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Kalev Lember wrote:
On 10/18/2014 01:25 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Why are some icons not being rendered? Is this a packaging issue? I see
the same issue in the gtk demo apps. Also note that there is an image in the
combo box that's also not being rendered. I'm hoping this is just a case of
chucking a png file or 2 in the correct place now :)

Some screenshots of Linux vs Windows:
http://tesla.duckdns.org/downloads/gtk_linux.png
http://tesla.duckdns.org/downloads/gtk_windows.png

Looking at the screenshots, it looks like the Windows packaging is
missing all the standard icons that would normally come from
adwaita-icon-theme. Try including that in the builds and see if it fixes
the icon issue?

Thanks for the response. I just attempted to build adwaita-icon-theme, and
it wants me to install gnome-common. I wonder if this is *really* necessary,
but anyway I'll persist ( when I get a full dev environment going on Windows
).

gnome-common is just a build-time requirement for a bunch of modules
loosely tied to GNOME; it's a collection of autotool macros that cut
down the maintenance burden, similar to the X.org macros module[1].

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/macros
I'm back with exactly the same issue :(

I'm doing another full windows build ( the previous one was flaky WRT
rendering pixbufs, so I thought I'd try a full rebuild ). Previously,
adding the adwaita-icon-theme package fixed the issue, and I saw the
default Adwaita icons. Now, this doesn't seem to help. I've set
GTK_DEBUG=icontheme and seen a LOT of messages about icons in the
Adwaita directory, which would seem to suggest gtk is traversing the
directory.

Is there a definitive list of things that need to be set up to tell
gtk3 where to look for icons?

Did you run
<prefix>/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache-3.0 -f -t <prefix>/share/icons/hicolor
after installing Adwaita?

Unrelated: do edit <prefix>/etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini and at the very least set

[Settings]
gtk-xft-antialias=1

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org