Re: Misconduct of GTK+/glib Bugtracker Admins

Hello,

I’m sorry to say that, but I find your name very appropriate in this case: *Ignorant* Guru. You seem to ignore every statement that says something else that you do.

GNOME is not a Red Hat product. It is a GNOME Foundation product, if you want to put it anywhere. It is led by several developers, Red Hat employees or not, who put a lot of effort to make it better. I personally know that they *do* accept patches, as I have sent some of them in the past, and possibly will send more in the future. You were told several times that if you don’t like the way it works, then create a patch: GNOME developers don’t necessarily have the time to make this work for you. You can see how many problems they have to deal with either by looking at the bug tracker or the IRC channel they hang around on.

I try to repeat what so many others said before in this thread: if you have put half the effort into writing a patch instead of writing such not-well backed complaints, this problem should have been solved already.

Disclaimer: I’m not officially connected with GNOME nor Red Hat, Inc. I just use GNOME since 1.something, and although I don’t necessarily agree with all the steps they took, I still like this platform.

Kind regards,
Gergely