Re: Another issue for the documentation

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 04:09:03PM +0200, Marcus Karlsson wrote:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 06:43:45AM -0400, Igor Korot wrote:
Emmanuele,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 5:31 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
Hi;

On 30 July 2015 at 05:45, Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
The documentation states:

[quote]

gtk_button_set_alignment has been deprecated since version 3.14 and
should not be used in newly-written code.

Access the child widget directly if you need to control its alignment.

[/quote]

Now, while the image can be retrieved with the gtk_button_get_image(),
there is only
function that retrieves the button text but not the label child.

How do I retrieve the GtkLabel which is a child of GtkButton()?

GtkButton is a GtkBin, so you can use gtk_bin_get_child() to retrieve
the child of a GtkButton.

OK,
And if I have both image and text I can loop thu the children and check the type
right?

A GtkBin has just one child, so exactly what you want to do depends on
the type of button you have. Gtk_button_set_alignment is more or less
just an if-block for different type of child widgets.

To be more specific if you have a button with both an image and a label
then the child widget will be a GtkAlignment which in turn will have a
GtkBox with the actual label and image as its child widget.

Now if you just want to set the alignment you can do that directly, just
get the GtkAlignment and set it with gtk_widget_set_halign() and
gtk_widget_set_valign().

                Marcus