Re: GtkFileChooserDialog question

Hi, guys,

On 9/17/14, Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:
David,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM, David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

Please reply to the list.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:47:26AM -0700, Igor Korot wrote:
Yes, you need to right-click in the file list.  Unfortunately, the
discoverability of Gtk+ file dialog features is poor.

And there is no such option on the dialog itself?

You need to right-click in the file list *in the dialog itself*.

I did call "gtk_file_chooser_set_show_hidden( true)", but until I
right-clicked on the file list I wasn't able to see hidden files.

Is there a way to start  with hidden files visibility turned on?

Let me clarify my question a little.
There is a function call "gtk_file_chooser_set_show_hidden()" But it
looks like it does not do anything.

What I mean is running the application without calling this function
and as David suggested right clicking the files area and selecting
"Show Hidden Files" will display hidden files just fine. And calling
the function does not give you hidden files as well. You have to do a
right clicking procedure.

So now here is my 2 questions:
1. What is the purpose of this function?
2. How do I start the dialog with hidden files shown?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yeti