expose vs draw

Hello all,

I am currently porting an application from gtk2 to gtk3. I just noticed
that the "expose_event" is no longer supported, instead there is a
"draw" signal. I was just wondering, the "expose_event" always came with
a GdkEventExpose* attached which did in particular contain the rectangle
which was invalidated. Is it possible to obtain the invalidated
rectangle inside the "draw" handler or is it necessary to repaint the
entire widget? (I could not find a suitable function in the gtk3/gdk3
documentation so far)

ax487