How to connect "focus-out-event" of a grid?

Hi,

A grid contains an entry and several buttons. I connected my callback function to "focus-out-event" of the grid. But no focus-out-event was received even if I called gtk_widget_add_events(grid, GDK_FOCUS_CHANGE_MASK). I tried to put the grid in an event box and connected the callback to "focus-out-event" of the event box. Still no focus-out-event was received. Could anybody please help me?

Thanks,
Gang