Re: How to connect "focus-out-event" of a grid?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 05:30:28PM +0800, Gang Chen wrote:
Thank you. The purpose is when the focus is moved out of the container,

‘Focus is moved out of the container’ has IMO meaningful interpretation
only as ‘focus is moved outside any of the focusable widgets in the
container’.  This seems like playing with words but it is important to
think about the problem in well-defined terms.

I'll destroy the container and its child widgets. How can I achieve this?

By connecting to "set-focus" of the parent window and tracking the
focus and tracking when the top-level window loses focus.  Note the
focus may be also set to no-widget during the tabbing wraparound.

But usually when something should be destroed when it loses focus
(various search boxes and menus, etc.) it is a transient GdkWindow and
you also want to destroy it when the user switches to another toplevel
window.

Yeti