Re: Building GTK+ 3.0 with Visual Studio 2013

On 8 Feb 2014, at 09:52, Syed Akbar wrote:

Thanks for your reply, John. I have the problem that GTK drag'n'drop does not work on Windows 7 while
Kaspersky Security 2014 or TuneUp Utilities 2014 is running. I just want to debug into the GTK source to
see if I can fix it myself... maybe a too ambitious aim.

It wouldn't be right for me to discourage you - given that one of the first things I ever did with gtk+ was
to fix a number of outstanding DND issues.  DND on Windows has been flaky for a very long time but at least
it (mostly) works now (for most of the time).

If you can find the archives for gtk-app-devel-list you'll find a lengthy discussion about DND problems,
starting around April 2010 and going on until September 2011.  I think that's just one of a great many
discussions....  :-(

John