printing to PDF with links

Hi,

I'm trying to use GTK printing functionality to produce PDF from HTML,
and they should include external as well as external links( among
other features but these being the most important ones now).

I'm using webkit gtk for rendering and call gtk print functionality
from there - as in
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-gtk/2014-August/002006.html

This way of doing it does produce PDF, but with no links, and I
couldn't find any docs or pointers on how to further influence the PDF
from gtk's print export functionality.

I believe it can be possible, as Chromium, also using a GTK print
dialog, very well has more featureful PDF files when manually creating
a PDF Export from a web page. But I want to use webkit.
I also couldn't yet figure from the Chromium sources how they make it
work - I'm admittedly ot experienced in reading C/C++ code, being more
Python developer.

I want to know: Is it the specific input from the browser that makes
the PDF more featureful, is there a switch somewhere in the gtk
printing framework that I need to trigger, or do I have to assume that
Chromium is probably implementing printing a whole different way and
there's nothing in gtk printing framework that supports these things I
want to do?

Thanks in advance,

Henning

--