Re: Setting styles in Gtk 3.0

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Dov Grobgeld <dov grobgeld gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Has something changed with the setting of styles in Gtk3, or is there some environment setting that inhibits the setting of the style? Consider the following python program:

#!/usr/bin/python

from gi.repository import Gtk

Gtk.rc_parse_string("""
style "normal" {
    font_name ="serif 30"
}
widget "*" style "normal"
""")

My impression was that GTK RC files were deprecated (and ignored) and that all themeing/styling was done with CSS now. I may be wrong about that. Note that it isn't trivial to do per-widget CSS stuff, apparently.