Setting styles in Gtk 3.0

Hi,

Has something changed with the setting of styles in Gtk3, or is there some environment setting that inhibits the setting of the style? Consider the following python program:

#!/usr/bin/python

from gi.repository import Gtk

Gtk.rc_parse_string("""
style "normal" {
    font_name ="serif 30"
}
widget "*" style "normal"
""")

mw = Gtk.Window()
mw.connect('delete-event',Gtk.main_quit)
mw.add(Gtk.Label('Hello Gtk %s!'%Gtk._version))
mw.show_all()
Gtk.main()

The font is not "serif 30" as I requested. Nor can I change any other style settings this way.

In contrast, the following gtk2 program works as expected:

#!/usr/bin/python

import gtk as Gtk

Gtk.rc_parse_string("""
style "normal" {
    font_name ="serif 30"
}
widget "*" style "normal"
""")

mw = Gtk.Window()
mw.connect('delete-event',Gtk.main_quit)
mw.add(Gtk.Label('Hello Gtk %s!'%str(Gtk.ver)))
mw.show_all()
Gtk.main()

What has changed? I'm running under Fedora 19.

Thanks!
Dov