Kind Help on GTK 2.0 Tutorial

Dear All,

I am new to gtk world and i am ok until Chapter 9:Range Widget  (GTK+ 2.0 Tutorial Tony Gale Ian Main& the GTK team). However in chapter 9 coding part I have tried to run it but i faced errors and now i am not in a position to understand and fixe the errors...as well i have no one to ask about it near by except you guys.

i would appritiate if you answer to me as quick as possible...thank you very much for your support in advance. I have attached the code and the error as well.

Yours sincerely,
 Solomon,Ethiopia