get damaged event from gtksocket widget

Hi all in the list,

There are two applications. One provides a GtkSocket, the other provides a GtkPlug.
GtkSocket process runs firstly, and then GtkPlug runs with an ID of GtkSocket, and draw something.

Everything works fine, and I can see in GtkSocket process what has been drawn in GtkPlug process.

Then, I want to get the event from GtkSocket each time GtkPlug process has done some drawing.
But the damaged-event I used seems does not work.

Is there any other way to get such an event?