Re: Stock items (button images / menu images etc)

On 12 Dec 2013, at 20:31, Luis Matos wrote:

Just a rain check,

In the future, images are not shipped in file (file.svg/file.png) but
still included in gtk (library)? Or not shipped at all?

Two more questions if I may....

1)  What are the ".svg" files?  I noticed them during my testing but I didn't manage to figure out what
they're used for.

2)  Why deprecate images for buttons and menus anyway?  They seem to be widely supported by OS's and other
programs / frameworks.  What's the rationale for deprecating them in gtk+?

John