Re: This issues on compiling GTK+ from source and using GTK+ 3.x, GTK+ 2.x, and GTK+ 1.2 on one computer.

Il 01/11/2012 06:12, Hongyi Zhao ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> From the following webpage:
>
> http://www.gtk.org/download/linux.php
>
> We can know that in order to compiling GTK+ 3.4, we must install the
> following packages:
>
>   * GTK+ 3.4 <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/3.4/>
>   * GLib 2.32 <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/glib/2.32/>
>   * Pango 1.30 <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/pango/1.30/>
>   * Gdk-Pixbuf 2.26
>     <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gdk-pixbuf/2.26/>
>   * ATK 2.4 <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/atk/2.4/>
>

> Furthermore, the order in which the above packages are installed is also
> a big matter for this thing.  Could someone please give me some hints on
> the order to compiling the above packages in order to finally compiling
> and install the  GTK+ 3.4
> <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/3.4/>?

on my system (Debian Sid):

ii  libgtk-3-0:i386 	3.4.2-4
ii  libgtk-3-bin	3.4.2-4
ii  libgtk-3-common	3.4.2-4
ii  libgtk-3-dev        3.4.2-4
ii  libgtk-3-doc        3.4.2-4
ii  libgtk2.0-0:i386    2.24.10-2
ii  libgtk2.0-bin       2.24.10-2
ii  libgtk2.0-cil       2.12.10-4
ii  libgtk2.0-common    2.24.10-2
ii  libgtk2.0-dev       2.24.10-2

So, as you can see, apt-get can let them coexist (all in all, apt has
the power of super-cow, hasn't it?); no need to recompile everything
from scratch.

But if I compile my app on my system:

$ ldd gtag
	linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7745000)
	libgtk-3.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0 (0xb7260000)
	libgdk-3.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgdk-3.so.0 (0xb71e2000)
	libatk-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libatk-1.0.so.0 (0xb71bf000)

Should I want to link it to gtk-2, all I have to do is to change
compilation and linking options in order to point to gtk-2 (but I don't
want; I like new features in gtk-3 :)