Re: future of development for the desktop

Ah, OK, you're basing the results on GTK+ 3.0. There were a few bugs
in GTK+ 3.0 (that were fixed in subsequent releases), and a lot of
widgets didn't really like the width-for-height allocation model,
tempting the layout to do double the work. A lot of widgets have been
fixed, and Company has also put some time into making GtkTreeView
faster. I'm not sure where he is with that.