Re: future of development for the desktop
- From: "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net>
- To: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com>
- Cc: "gtk-list gnome org" <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: future of development for the desktop
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:12:13 -0400
Ah, OK, you're basing the results on GTK+ 3.0. There were a few bugs
in GTK+ 3.0 (that were fixed in subsequent releases), and a lot of
widgets didn't really like the width-for-height allocation model,
tempting the layout to do double the work. A lot of widgets have been
fixed, and Company has also put some time into making GtkTreeView
faster. I'm not sure where he is with that.
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:
>> From: Kevin Anthony <kevin s anthony gmail com>
>>Cc: gtk-list gnome org
>>Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 7:59 PM
>>Subject: Re: future of development for the desktop
>>Sergei, what metric are you using to base slowness on?
> I am reading this list - see my a little bit earlier reply for details.
> gtk-list mailing list
> gtk-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev