Re: future of development for the desktop

On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:08:30 +0300
Dov Grobgeld <dov grobgeld gmail com> wrote:

> Will that be possible for Windows 8, or is Microsoft going the Apple
> way of requiring developers to do some kind of proprietary signing of
> the applications before you can distribute your software to end users?

Well, the first article says: "Developers won't be able to stick a
Metro-style application that they wrote themselves onto their website
and let people download it. Every application will have to go through
the Windows store, and will be subject to Microsoft's approval."

Of course, this is for Metro apps, but, still, it does not smell well,
or, let's say, it might be good for Linux. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even the intelligent are bewildered in determining what is action
and what is inaction. Now I shall explain to you what action is,