Re: Hello, some of us still care about memory usage

On 07/29/2012 06:21 PM, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
I'm personally sorry for the lack of response. We don't have a lot of
developers, and we all have a lot of things to do, and sometimes bugs
do go under the radar. The patch looks good to me, besides the
mechanical things (lack of commit message, for one). I'd poke Cosimo
or Benjamin in the morning to see if you can get a more exhaustive
review done.

Might I suggest putting less time into making things look flashy, and more time into making them work well, if you are short on developers? CSS theming may be cool, but I would rather have a working GTK+ 3.x for Windows than any of the theming improvements that have been made recently. The latest news I saw from the GTK+ front (don't remember if it was for 3.4 or 3.6) was that it was going to be possible to theme windows differently based on whether they had focus or not. Really? Stuff like that is more important to the GTK+ project than fixing outstanding bugs?

-- John Lindgren