Re: How to know my GTK+ =?UTF-8?Q?version=3F?=

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:30:52 +0100, Manuel Ferrero wrote:
Il 31/01/2012 12.09, Dieter Verfaillie ha scritto:
The most flexible solution is to build yourself a wrapper script
(.bat or .cmd) or in case you use MinGW/MSYS a shell script, that
exports PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH and other search paths you need,
the way you want them to be and from that launch the tool you use
to build you program. Such tool might be an MSYS bash session,
eclipse cdt, codeblocks, ...

This is the first time I heard about this.
I'll try to remove all the env variables referring to GTK and see if
I'm still able to compile and run my code.
I also have a GTK_HOME,

There is/was a GTK+ win32 distribution on sourceforge that uses
this for something (no idea what exactly). Binaries from
gtk.org/ftp.gnome.org do not need it afaik.

ad INCLUDE and a LIB

You mean LIBS, right? Anyway, these mostly depend on what it is you
want to build and are usually not needed at all (most packages'
pkg-config handling already get those right, for example).
So, having system wide values doesn't really make much sense to me...

mvg,
Dieter