Re: [gtk-list] Re: Compiling GTK program for Mac on Linux

In my understanding, making a cross build system with no proprietary
components (the executables, libraries, header files that are not
permitted to be copied to non-Apple products) is almost impossible.

1) binary utilities for Mac OS X (especially otool, ar, ld) are
published under the open source certified license, but it is not
ready to be compiled by "./configure && make && make install" style.
I remember it requires Mach-O kernel headers etc. Also, the latest
linker is designed to be compiled with Xcode, not by command line
"make".

2) the most part of window system of Mac OS X is not published under
the open source license, maybe copying the headers & libraries to
other computers are not permitted. I'm not sure whether Apple permit
to expose them to other computers via network sharing, like, NFS etc
(I guess it is prohibited).

Regards,
mpsuzuki