Re: Bug 687752 - work with theme authors

Interesting... Even this mailing list has been changed to "Gnome List,"
instead of "GTK List."

On 11/30/2012 10:08 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> FLTK ( www.fltk.org ) ?
>
> There are also Perl bindings - if one wants quick GUI development: http://search.cpan.org/dist/FLTK/

Drifting further off-topic here, I realize.

Perl is not a language I turn to for any purpose, really.  I've looked
at many of the GTK alternatives before, and none of them really appeal
to me.  At this point, there really is only one alternative to GTK, and
that's Qt.

I wonder what firefox and libreoffice will do in the future.  Both of
them are definitely not Gnome apps.  Both of them largely implement
their own widgets, using part of GTK for look, and function (event loop
and such), so porting to another toolkit may be possible.  Whether or
not Gnome developers feel that Firefox is relevant, it is probably the
most-used linux app out there, and if you count Google Chrome, which is
also GTK-based, there is a lot of usage here, and the desktop
environment itself doesn't matter so much.