Re: GTK TreeView control in Windows (DND issue)

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:25:58AM +0100, John Emmas wrote:

> FWIW I just tried a quick test but the address being printed doesn't
> seem to be the main window's address.  At the moment, I'm a bit
> puzzled about what it might be....

It might be the DnD icon (or whatever) window.  You can add a debug
print to gtk_window_new() to see what is created when...  Also if you
have a window a want to know what's inside, call this on it:

static void
print_hierarchy(GtkWidget *widget, guint indent)
{
    guint i;

    for (i = 0; i < indent; i++)
        g_print("  ");

    g_print("%s \"%s\" %p\n",
            G_OBJECT_TYPE_NAME(widget), gtk_widget_get_name(widget), widget);

    if (GTK_IS_CONTAINER(widget)) {
        GList *children = gtk_container_get_children(GTK_CONTAINER(widget)),
              *child;

        for (child = children; child; child = g_list_next(child))
            print_hierarchy(GTK_WIDGET(child->data), indent+1);
        g_list_free(children);
    }

}

Obviously, you cannot do this in GLib but you can insert this to the
Gtk+ code that calls g_object_get_data() to find "gtk-drag-dest".

Yeti