Re: Is GTK+ 3.x 2x slower than GTK+ 2.x?

On 17 October 2011 10:23, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com> wrote:
>> I was shocked by the bad performance of the tree list view from the
>> beginning, so much that i'm now back to FOX toolkit.
>
> Yes, the tree list few is probably one of the worst performing pieces
> of code in GTK+.

I wonder if this could be down to how they are using the widget?

Rhythmbox, for example, displays many thousands of lines of
information in a treeview and dragging the divider to make the widget
resize is fast and smooth. Resizing the whole window is slower since
that has to do a lot of WM magic. But the widget alone certainly seems
quick on my modest laptop.

I realise "works here" is often not a useful reply :-( And perhaps
Rhythmbox has worked hard to get good performance.

John