Re: How to get rid of "recently used" entry in file chooser

Hi David,

> Unfortunately, it does not recommend.  It decribes how you are forced
> to perform an extra operation before you are permitted to save a file
> even if you sequentially save 1000 of them to the same folder (unless
> the application developers were enlightened enough to work around it).
> I have already seen people (normal users) to complain about this
> misfeature.

Glad to hear I am not the only person who is distracted by this new "feature".
Unfourtunatly, usually user's voice isn't taken that seriously here.

After all, guys, this is a behaviour change - why had it to be
backported to GTK-2?
Even if it does work ok when applications initialize the filechooser
the right way, most apps don't (even when working with GIMP I am
forced to do an extra click just to get away from favourites) - and
you can't expect them to honor your recommendations - as its actually
a behaviour change.

- Clemens