Re: How to get rid of "recently used" entry in file chooser

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 04:52:04PM +0000, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
> Federico wrote an interesting blog entry about this change:
>
>   http://people.gnome.org/~federico/news-2011-07.html#01
>
> It doesn't answer your question, but it does give some background and
> recommends a way to use the chooser.

Unfortunately, it does not recommend.  It decribes how you are forced
to perform an extra operation before you are permitted to save a file
even if you sequentially save 1000 of them to the same folder (unless
the application developers were enlightened enough to work around it).
I have already seen people (normal users) to complain about this
misfeature.

Yeti