GTK+ Question

Hello,

So, I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking this, so by all means please redirect me if necessary.

I'm trying to use a button to generate a keystroke ( touch screen application with no keyboard present ) to pass on to a GtkTreeView. The problem I'm experiencing is that the Tree View's search box is 'grabbing' all click events after I send the first key. So I can successfully send one character, but then the next click closes the search window.

Now, I understand that the TreeView must know when to hide the search box, so my question is, is there a way to override the actual search method and 'ungrab' the device immediately after entering the character? Alternatively, is there a better way to make my on screen keyboard so that it doesn't generate the clicks that are hiding the window?

I'm not opposed to other alternatives, and I would greatly appreciate any feedback/help.

Thanks,
Paul