Re: problems compiling gtk3

> Where did you installed the dependencies?
> You must set some environment variables, so it links with the correct
> *.so files:
>

> BASE=$HOME/Build
> export PATH=$BASE/bin:$PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BASE/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$BASE/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$BASE/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS

In installed them in the default auto-configured spot. i.e. I ran

./configure
make
sudo make install

In my case it turns out to be /usr/local/lib/

I checked pkg-config --libs glib-2.0 and the output was
-L/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0 so I don't think I should have to export those
variables. I just reinstalled the system after screwing something up so
I will try that next though. Thanks for the suggestion.