Re: Is goocanvas best for scrapbook type app?

On 23 July 2011 16:52, Fred van Zwieten <fvzwieten gmail com> wrote:
Hello all,

I am getting into vala development and want to make a scrapbook like app where one can put all kind of photo's, pictures, graphics and text blocks on a canvas. For each of these item's, one should be able to move them around, resize them, put one partly over the other, etc. (you get the picture, i hope). This will ultimately be a plugin for shotwell.

Now, i have been looking around for the best way to build this and it seems to me goocanvas is the best widget to use for this kind of functionality from vala.

I don't know if there are any vala bindings for it, but you may also want to have a look at Clutter:  http://www.clutter-project.org/

Regards,

Vivien