Is goocanvas best for scrapbook type app?

Hello all,

I am getting into vala development and want to make a scrapbook like app where one can put all kind of photo's, pictures, graphics and text blocks on a canvas. For each of these item's, one should be able to move them around, resize them, put one partly over the other, etc. (you get the picture, i hope). This will ultimately be a plugin for shotwell.

Now, i have been looking around for the best way to build this and it seems to me goocanvas is the best widget to use for this kind of functionality from vala.

Would you agree? Are there better ways?

Thank you for any advise on this.

Greetz,

Fred