Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:21 AM
To: ErickPérezCastellanos
Cc: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Gtk+ 2.24, Gtk+3 and GLib 2.28 in the middle

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 01:35 -0300, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
Hi list:

I have this doubt, I have Gnome 2.32 installed and I want to develop and
application using Gtk+3, my doubt is that my Gnome 2.32 using Gtk+ 2.24
requires GLib 2.26, and Gtk+ 3 requires GLib 2.28. will I need to replace my
GLib 2.26 ?
As far as I read both Gtk versions are can be installed together, and if
both GLib versions are parallel installable, then there's no problem, if it
is not, the Gtk+ 2.24 will compile with the new GLib 2.28 ?

Yes.

Note: I do know I'm able to install my development enviroment on opt and
start working without affecting my main system, I'm asking for installing
those libraries on my main system.

I'm asking here first so I can yell at my distro package makers with a
reason for not having Gtk+ 3 already avalaible for the users.

If your distro doesn't have GTK+ 3 then glib is probably not part of the
reason.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com