Re: Transparent widgets

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Keith Poole <platima gmail com> wrote:
> Ah ok.
> More than anything I want to be able to position children widget on it in a
> fixed layout, and scroll down if there's more than what the widget has room
> for.

you definitely do not need a canvas/scene graph to do that, but there
is still a pretty big gap between "widgets are things that draw
themselves (possibly using transparency) and respond to events and may
overlap" and what GTK does currently, which is closer to "widgets are
things that draw themselves without transparency and respond to events
and do not overlap".