Re: Transparent widgets

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Keith Poole <platima gmail com> wrote:
Hi group,

I've spent nearly two days struggling with this one now, and I'm all out of ideas.

what you are describing is typically called a canvas widget or a scene graph, and it represents a relatively different way of thinking about what a widget is than what GTK currently does (though they are getting closer).

there is still no official canvas widget for GTK, but several alternatives that you could use.  you can find information about them here:

     http://live.gnome.org/ProjectRidley/CanvasOverview