Re: deprecated draw method and cairo context
- From: David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz>
- To: Evgeny <evgen ibqn googlemail com>
- Cc: gtk-list <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: deprecated draw method and cairo context
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:42:03 +0100
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:00:58AM +0100, Evgeny wrote:
> I am looking at this article from the gnome journal
> http://gnomejournal.org/article/34/writing-a-widget-using-cairo-and-gtk28, and I believe that the draw method in the section "Step 2. Drawing with Cairo" is deprecated, that should be used instead to draw with a cairo context? (api mentions gtk_widget_queue_draw_area, but I am not sure if it's still a "correct"/recommended way of using cairo with gtk...)
> is there an updated version of this article somewhere?
What exactly you are talking about? There is no draw method mentioned
anywehre, the only draw() is a stub for `here we will do the actual
drawing' that is later replaced with real code.
] [Thread Prev