Re: Memory leaks?

--- On Thu, 3/11/10, Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk> wrote:

> From: Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk>
> Subject: Re: Memory leaks?
> To: "Friedrich Dominicus" <frido q-software-solutions de>
> Cc: gtk-list gnome org
> Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 2:32 AM
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:08:51 +0100
> Friedrich Dominicus <frido q-software-solutions de>
> wrote:
>

> > Vikram Noel Ambrose <noel ambrose gmail com>
> writes:
> >

> > > I just suppress everything not coming out of my
> source files and
> > > leave it at that. GTK is not something any single
> person could go
> > > through and find all the memory leaks.
> > IMHO that should have been always high on the priority
> list of the gtk
> > developers. Howerver how long do the "typical"
> applications run? Are
> > there very long running GTK applications around?
>
> It would be nice if someone in the gtk+/gnome projects were
> to produce
> a suppression file (there was work on one for gtk+-2.12)

[snip]

> Chris

Anything that looks like a memory leak should be dealt with as with memory
leak, i.e. a bug report should be filed.

The sea of bug reports will hopefully be the best driving factor for the
gtk+ team to provide the suppression file again - after that whatever
looks like a memory leak should still be dealt with as with memory leak.

Regards,
  Sergei.