Re: gtk 2.x installation from source help me please..dssd

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Nurmurat Gurbanliyew
<gurbanliye gmail com> wrote:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk
>
> the above code is the recomendation of your gtk installation.. must I
> install other packages (GLib, GdkPixbuf, Pango, and ATK) into /opt/gtk
> destination too.

--prefix is the PREFIX of the path where the files will be installed
./configure.sh script will tell you if you have everything you needed
to compile gtk+

What errors are you having?

Please provide more info in order to get a more appropiate response.

> Please can you help me with this. I have Debian Lenny installed and I want
> to program in gtk and compile just like the other .c sources (like gcc -o
> hello hello.c)
> but I could not succeded yet.. When I look up into sysnaptic package
> installer I cannot find an appropriate environment for developing gtk
> examples (like qtcreate for qt
>
> libraries ). the installed packages under the name gtk (from synaptic ) is
> gtk2.0-examples and gtk2-engines..

In order to start developing with gtk you only need a text editor and
a good tutorial .> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-tutorial/stable/

Regards.
/jk