Re: g_assert vs. g_return_if_fail

I understand when to use g_return_if_fail. But still not why. The
essential question is, why not to use g_assert in libraries. I haven't
understood the data loss problem. And is this the only reason?

Why should a caller of a library function be able to ignore a
programming error?

I'm implementing a storage for ALLEGRO_BITMAP types, used both
internally and as API for external code.