Re: Glib cross compilation

--- On Mon, 12/28/09, David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

> From: David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz>
> Subject: Re: Glib cross compilation
> To: "Niamathullah sharief" <armsharief gmail com>
> Cc: gtk-list gnome org
> Date: Monday, December 28, 2009, 7:40 AM
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 06:41:30PM
> +0530, Niamathullah sharief wrote:
> > i am compilaing and glib for my ARM baord and i am
> getting one error
> > see
> >
> > *checking for format to printf and scanf a guint64...
> none
> > checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
> > checking if malloc() and friends prototypes are gmem.h
> compatible... yes
> > checking for growing stack pointer... configure:
> error: in
> > `/mnt/freescale/sources/glib-2.22.0':
> > configure: error: cannot run test program while cross
> compiling
> > See `config.log' for more details.
> > Configuration of glib library has failed
> > *
> >
> *sharief sharief-desktop:/mnt/freescale/sources/glib-2.22.0$*
> > *
> > *
> > can anyone help me..what is this? and how to clear
> that?
>
> This should help you:
>
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-cross-compiling.html
>
> especially the part about glib_cv_stack_grows, but
> apparently you
> haven't read it at all.
>
> Yeti

I'd consider the necessity to create .cache file manually as a bug.

I.e. from the document it's clear that for the majority of target OSes
good defaults are the same, and for others they are though different, but
know.

So, 'configure' should create such a file automatically, and only if
automatically created file is wrong, user should specify .cache file on
'configure' command line.

Regards,
  Sergei.