Re: What are eggs?

On 01/01/2010 10:31 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
While trying to make a up a family for a new widget, I got reminded of
seeing the term "egg" over the years in relation to gtk, but I never
really understood what it means, who came up with the concept, and how
it is "supposed" to be used?

libegg is just a dumping ground for code/widgets that are not ready for glib/gtk yet. the egg_ prefix makes it rather easy to find/replace them all to, say, gdk_ or gtk_ later.

My guess is that it is related to real eggs that are abiding their time
to hatch, and in the same way experimental concepts are abiding their
time? Is that it?

I've heard stories about eggs and bacon and breakfast, that kind of stuff.

Cheers,
behdad

Thanks!
Dov